We strongly prefer working with interns and employees who are passionate about aerospace
and willing to work with us for long term
- If you know why a bird draws its wings backwards while it flies, this is for you.
- If you think the drag coefficient of Usain Bolt is not the same as yours, this is for you.
- If you think we are all scuba divers at the very bottom of an ocean filled with a fluid called air, this is for you.
- Perform aerodynamic configuration trade studies on mission performance that includes effects of weight, fuel, stability and control, propulsion, and payloads.
- Use CFD to analyze air flow for vehicle exterior and interior systems
- Develop aerodynamic data bases for use in 6 degree of freedom simulation models.
- Assist in building functional prototype parts for use in physical testing
- Participate in physical aerodynamic testing (dragmeter, windtunnel)
- Maintain documentation to organize procedures and data
- Identify opportunities on the vehicle for increased aerodynamic efficiency and present ideas for further development
- Working with vendors to increase aerodynamic performance
- Become immersed with various engineering groups to convey aerodynamic results and protect aero performance through product design
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and commercial tools: ANSYS, Nastran, or Abaqus
- Excellent understanding of aerodynamics principles
- Some understanding of systems engineering.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or PhD in an engineering discipline
- Strong background in solid mechanics and aeroacoustics
- Expert on subsonic, transonic, supersonic and hypersonic flow profile regimes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver against an aggressive schedule