Maxim is seeking an experienced IC Design Engineer to design integrated circuits, drive development of high-performance power management ICs and support assigned products through the full product life cycle. Assignment may be in Maxim’s industrial, medical, communications, automotive, or mobility solutions groups.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Create transistor level designs of circuits to meet specifications
- Complete IC development from product definition to market introduction by maintaining project schedules and design quality
- Work closely with test engineers to analyse ATE data & contribute to IC datasheet specifications
- Verify designs using circuit-level and behavioral-level simulations
- Supervise circuit layout
- Supervise layout team to successfully drive physical design taking care of parasitics and noise
- Write circuit documentation
- Validate circuit performance in the lab
- Work in lab to verify the designs, review characterization data and set the EC table limits.
- Support application engineers in customer issues on your ICs
Education & Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical/ Electronic engineering.
- 3+ years experience of transistor level circuit design experience with strong fundamentals in analog circuit design and debug skills
- Good knowledge of transistors at device physics level and cross-sectional level. Experience in high voltage (10-60V) BCD processes is a big plus.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Familiar with Cadence Spectre, Virtuoso and common laboratory equipment