Zebra Technologies is looking for a hands-on Senior Engineer with 6-10 years’ experience with in-depth working knowledge in Android Application and Framework to join the Professional Services group.The candidate will play a critical role in working closely with counterparts across the globe to build a cutting edge solutions to help with the deployment of Zebra Enterprise Mobile Computing Portfolio to our potential customers.
- Work on the entire SDLC to build and support solutions which would aid customer deployments.
- Defines requirements for and design complex new tools to aid in the analysis and solving of complex customer problems.
- Initiates cross-company collaboration and develops positive relationships with other engineering disciplines.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Interacts with management and senior customer personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines. Represent the organization as the principal customer contact.
- Engineering degree in Computer Science/Electronics with 3-5 yrs. in SW development/substance.
- Ability to work on developing complex Android applications and define the underlying FW interfaces
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration