As an Application Engineer for Communications and FPGA Design, you will partner with our most innovative customers to establish MATLAB and Simulink as a platform for a variety of application areas including:
- Signal Processing and Wireless Communications System Design
- Radar System Design
- HDL (VHDL / Verilog) Code Generation and Verification
- Prototyping and Implementing Designs on FPGAs and SDRs
You will work in a pre-sales manner with our customers to identify and understand their technical and business challenges. You will develop and deliver compelling demonstrations of solutions that help customers appreciate how the adoption of MathWorks products adds value towards enhancing their workflows. You will also engage strategically with customers in developing long-term adoption plans that will enable them to progressively roll-out increasingly productive workflows in their organizations.
Using your technical expertise as well as your excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, you will engage customers and prospects in seminars, conference calls, meetings, and through product evaluations to develop a shared vision for success.
Provide technical pre-sales support and guidance to the India sales organization, prospects, and customers in the domains of signal processing, communications, and radar system design, as well as implementing these designs on FPGAs and SDRs through automatic HDL code generation and verification techniques by:
- Preparing and delivering presentations, demonstrations, and application examples in customer meetings, seminars, and other public events
- Managing product evaluations and developing adoption plans that assist customers in adopting MathWorks products
- Partnering with account managers to help develop account and territory level selling strategies
Identify new trends and application areas and provide feedback to development and marketing teams. Collaborate with the worldwide team on developing compelling messages and demonstrations.
Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions.
Establish rapport and credibility with our customers across multiple hierarchy levels to build champion users and supporters of our solutions.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- A bachelor’s degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master’s degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Masters degree in Engineering (M.E./M.Tech.)
- 3-7 years of relevant industry experience preferably in the Communications, Electronics, Semiconductors, or Aerospace/Defence (Avionics) industries.
- Strong knowledge and experience in modeling and simulating signal processing and/or communications and/or radar systems.
- Strong knowledge and experience in digital hardware design and implementation of signal processing/communications/radar algorithms on FPGAs. Strong knowledge of either VHDL/Verilog. Experience in using EDA tools for hardware design.
- Strong knowledge of (and enthusiasm for!) the Model-Based Design process encompassing MATLAB and Simulink as a sinlge platform from algorithm development to hardware implementation.
- Experience with MathWorks tools (MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, HDL Coder) or other EDA/ESL tools such as SystemC, System Generator for DSP, DSPBuilder, SystemStudio, SystemVUE.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated toward working directly with customers
This position is based in Hyderabad with travel generally throughout India specific to various customer visits and seminars. Travel time can be expected to amount to approximately 30-40% with trips generally no longer than five days. Though far less frequent, some international travel is expected.
Apply for job
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (35)
- Automobile (8)
- Embedded/Chip Design (353)
- Engineering (273)
- Government (103)
- Internships (149)
- Manufacturing (16)
- Medical Electronics (2)
- Miscellaneous (207)
- Network (7)
- PCB Design (5)
- Procurement/Supply chain (3)
- Research and Development (R&D) (41)
- Robotics (5)
- Sales (7)
- Service & Maintenance (18)
- Software and System Programming (197)
- Technical Support (12)
- Technical Writer (15)
- Telecom (58)
- Testing/QA/QC (57)
- Trainee (19)
- Walk-ins (9)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Security in Smart Applications July 21, 2018
- Automatic Bike Turning Indicator July 20, 2018
- DC Power Meter for 0-55V 20A Work Bench Power Supply July 19, 2018
- 11 Things to Know About Raspberry Pi July 18, 2018
- LibreCAD: A Practical Tool for 2D Designs July 18, 2018
- Synopsys Hosts SNUG 2018 to Discuss Real-world Semiconductor Design Challenges July 18, 2018
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Get Ready for the Cloud Era July 17, 2018
- What is the Difference Between Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality? July 17, 2018
- OLED Displays and Their Applications July 16, 2018
- Voltage Regulator as Audio Amplifier July 14, 2018