Are you an experienced software development engineer who always looks for improvements in the way things are done? Do you have flair for innovation and would you thrive in an international, dynamic and project-oriented organization? Then you are the Engineers that we are looking for to join our software department.
Lead/Asst Lead Engineers – Turbine Control Software
Control Engineering/Options & Improvements, India
Vestas Power Solutions (VPS) is where new product/Technology ideas are developed, matured, improved and tested. To put it short, we are shaping the future of modern energy and we operate on a global scale with more than 1,300 employees.
As a part of Vestas Power Solutions, the Options & Improvement Control engineering department is responsible for calculation of loads, power curves and noise to Non-standard products, site specific solutions, providing control solutions for field issues & improving the performance of the turbine, Product improvements and sales support.
Currently, the department consists of 20+ highly skilled and motivated engineers situated in India.
You will be part of a team providing engineering solutions to non-standard products and existing products. This involves responsibilities e.g. addressing the issues reported from field and root cause analysis & problem solving related to turbines in operation, support the service technical team across the globe that keeps our turbine fleet running, support of sales organization and technology development. The work involves high level of engineering i.e. balancing a solution towards various specific requirements. You will mainly work with addressing the issues specific to individual systems in the turbine and developing solutions having close collaboration with the system leads. You will be responsible for verification of the solution on all levels, including software tests (in-house) and field verification. You will be also responsible for documenting and presenting your work in a precise way to your internal and external stakeholders.
- B.Tech/M.Tech in computer science or electronics engineering
- Good analytical & problem solving skills.
- Good programming skills – experience in object oriented programming (C++) & scripting languages (python matlab/simulink,etc)
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience within wind energy engineering or similar field
- Hands-on experience within product or technology development
- Understanding of Continuous integration solutions with e.g. Git, Jenkins, Atlassian suite
- Programming experience preferably in a distributed architecture framework
- Knowledge of control of mechanical systems
- Knowledge of control algorithms
It is expected that you are able to drive engineering solutions within the area from start to end. You should be pragmatic and quality-conscious. You should have a creative approach to new challenges, a natural flair for innovation and thrive with varied tasks and constant changes from day to day. You succeed as part of a team as well as with independent tasks and it comes naturally to you to collaborate and share knowledge with colleagues and stakeholders. You shall be result oriented with a strong focus on the task and to be able to meet your deadlines with the right quality. Good to have project leadership experience like planning, driving the project.
What we offer:
We offer an opportunity to be part of a strong team in an exciting business with very comprehensive products. The working environment in Engineering Solution is informal but with clear direction. You will be part of a project-oriented organization with an inspiring work environment.
You will be part of an international organization with opportunities to grow and develop in the job – professionally and personally.
Primary work location Chennai, India. You can expect approximately 10 travel days per year.
Please send your application as soon as possible as we will close the position when we find the right candidate.
Apply for job
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (39)
- Automobile (9)
- Embedded/Chip Design (395)
- Engineering (290)
- Government (109)
- Internships (166)
- Manufacturing (17)
- Medical Electronics (4)
- Miscellaneous (217)
- Network (8)
- PCB Design (5)
- Procurement/Supply chain (3)
- Research and Development (R&D) (46)
- Robotics (5)
- Sales (8)
- Service & Maintenance (21)
- Software and System Programming (217)
- Technical Support (12)
- Technical Writer (17)
- Telecom (62)
- Testing/QA/QC (57)
- Trainee (19)
- Walk-ins (9)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Arduino-Controlled 12V Battery Charger September 18, 2018
- MIPI Alliance Managing Director Peter Lefkin Delivering Keynote at Upcoming 2018 TrueConnect Conference September 18, 2018
- Working of a MOSFET September 18, 2018
- Sensors That Add Strength to Aviation and Aerospace September 17, 2018
- Programmable Automatic Bell System September 15, 2018
- Auto Power Switching Mains, Solar Inverter or Generator September 15, 2018
- Optronic Sensors Night Vision Technologies (Part 3 of 6) September 14, 2018
- BLUE_P: Wireless Arduino Programming Shield September 14, 2018
- gEDA: A Complete Set of Tools for Electronics Design September 13, 2018
- Development Boards That are Making IoT Designing Simpler September 12, 2018