We strongly prefer working with interns and employees who are passionate about space and willing to work with us for long term
Job Title: Astrodynamics Researcher (Mathematics)
If you like thinking about triangles whose internal angles don’t add up to 180 degree – this job is for you. If you think parallel lines intersect well before infinity – this job is for you.
If you think Euclid is overrated – this job is for you.
- Leads/Co-leads the mathematical and physical design problem of trajectory design for a continuously accelerating rocket
- Implements approaches for numerical methods used in fast computation problems
- Guides application of Non-Euclidean geometry in astrodynamics and its use in coordinate transformations.
- Designs mathematical models (along with the control systems engineers) for the control, navigation and guidance systems of the rocket
- Documentation of analysis and test results with a focus on automation and efficiency of reporting
- Testing math and physics assumptions behind simple flight software
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics or Mathematics
- Understanding of Celestial body mechanics, classical dynamics
- A basic understanding of spherical trigonometry
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Masters degree in Physics or Mathematics
- Passion for physics and mathematics
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
What you could take away?
- Your work will directly impact the company’s (and the rocket’s) trajectory
- You will learn rocket science from some of the most senior and respected minds in ISRO
- You will work on shaping space policy in India
- You will dirty your hands in a global supply/chain optimization problem
- Chennai, India
- Remote working can be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Part Time
- Full Time
- PhD Programs support
A rocket, like anything else, is just the outcome of the right group of individuals coming together and working towards a common vision. We deeply value people we work with and are looking to collaborate with some of the best minds in the country to bring space closer to earth.