Juniper Networks’ “Customer Focused Technical Support” Services provide Customer with access to a designated team of senior engineers with extensive experience and highly focused troubleshooting skills relevant to a Customer’s network profile and operations requirements. This team will work with Customer to develop network and feature knowledge that enables the provision of tailored support services. It will also provide Customer with confidence that high priority problems are being handled by professionals who fully understand the Customer’s network and its complexity.
The responsibilities includes,
- Lead and Drive Troubleshooting on Customer reported issues
- Isolate Product issue at hardware/software level, replicate customer environments in lab, own and document communication among customers, engineering and provide a final fix.
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of the problems reported, understand the environment/network and impact on business
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the infrastructure and technologies that are present in the customer’s network profile; including their network topology, features, configurations, and service history which results in faster resolution.
- Partners internally with other Services teams to deliver focused support by participating in Customer reveiws, Network training and driving critical issues to resolution.
- Keep the other support teams trained on the designated CFTS customer network, practices followed.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance during testing, deployment and operational phases for CFTS Customers.
- Participate in tasks such as new product development projects, Knowledgebase creation, training, other documentation activities.
- Mentor newly hired support engineers and peers in technical areas of specialty.
- Products to be supported – Juniper E , MX-JSM Series.
- This is an individual contributor role. There will be weekend coverage as per roster and pager rotation coverage.
Primary Skills required
- Excellent Customer handling and communication (verbal and written) skills
Good understanding of –
- IP Packet flow, OSI layers
- Layer 3 – IP and related technologies (ICMP, TCP, GRE, QoS, VRRP)
- Ethernet, PPP, PPPoE, PPPoA, DHCP
- IP routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS)
- AAA and related protocols such as Radius, Diameter
- Prefer to have expertise in one or more areas –
- MPLS, VPLS, L2 and L3 VPN
- Multicast technologies NG-MVPN, PIM
- Working experience with traffic generators and network protocol analysis tools
- Working experience with: Linux, FreeBSD, Scripting languages (Python, Tcl, Perl)
Requires B.E. in Electronics/Engineering or Computer Science ( or equalent) with minimum 5 years experience in Networking Industry.
Following candidates having any of following experience will be preferred and minimum experience criteria may not apply –
- 2+ years extensive JUNOS experience OR
- 3+ years of experience in Troubleshooting large service Provider networks.
Platform Knowledge: Juniper (routers, switches), Cisco, Nortel, Huawei, traffic generators (Ixia, Agilent)
Preferred Certifications – JNCIS/JNCIP/JNCIE/CCNA/CCNP/CCIE and other equalent.