- Responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of the multiple drive and storage media qualifications
- Executing functional and non-functional test suites with the purpose of maintaining existing application, uncovering defects present in disk drive firmware.
- Supplier management; communicating and providing feedback to suppliers on the needs and expectations of DELL EMC.
- Developing new test application in C/C++ language and completing automated tests including Server Side scripts using Perl, CLIs & APIs
- Develops acceleration and analytical methods and processes to enhance and ensure the reliability and quality of new and existing products.
- Analyze failure reports and makes recommendations to improve existing processes
- Degree in Engineering/Computing or relevant discipline
- Knowledge of programming languages Python, C/C++ or Pearl
- Knowledge of UNIX and Windows Server Platforms
- Understanding of Cloud Computing and Virtualization
- Demonstrate successful history of project work completion showing ability to work in a fast paced environment, and meet deadlines under pressure
- Proven ability to take ownership and work on own initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication ability
Understanding of the various disk drive architecture (Hard Disk Drive and Solid State Drive) and protocols (FC, SCSI, SAS, SATA, PCIe/NVMe) is an advantage