Developing & implementing advanced technology based PC Drive Controls solutions for NPI and OTR with accountability & collaborative engineering while dealing with ambiguity & uncertainty
This role requires, in addition to closely interacting with internal & external customers, strong inclusive great team mate with outcome focus & willing to work in Agile methodology of execution
- Develop application layer software of Drive controls for GE Power Conversion drives
- Design, develop and validation of drive systems and auxiliary control architectures for various control topologies and implementation focused around FPGAs and embedded processors. Also support the evaluation and conceptualization of new electric drives control technology and applications.
- Support integration of components with controllers onto Drives for various domains like O&G, Power Systems. Metal and Marine and resolution of electric drives SW reliability issues.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments. Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues.
- Participate as a presenter in technical and program reviews, assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Masters degree in Power Electronics /Drives and Controls, with 2+ years engineering experience in Drive Control Engineering.
- Good understanding of C, C++, Matlab and Simulink, Working experience on FPGA/DSP . Ability and willingness to work “hands-on” in test labs and Customer sites
- Drive control and PWM techniques, DSP coding, MATLAB circuit simulation, real time simulation and Drive control Software
- Strong technical aptitude, Solid oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills