To engineer, manufacture and market differentiated products and systems used for precision dispensing and processing in a variety of end markets, from packaging to transportation and medical to electronics.
- Participate in product definition and design specification processes
- Evaluate alternative solutions and makes recommendations of optimal technical approaches.
- Design and implement, either working alone or as part of a software team, high quality software solutions to meet or exceed product requirements.
- Participate in the development of software to interface to production test equipment.
- Work with hardware engineers on defining interfaces and making hardware/software trade-offs.
- Perform thorough testing and evaluation of software to ensure maximum quality levels and complete functionality.
- Troubleshoot and debug software issues in a timely and effective manner. Works with other team members in the software and system design validation process.
- Provide back-up technical support to help solve field problems for customers and Nordson technical personnel
- 10% domestic travelling
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronics Engineering or Computer science.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in software development environment
- Programming experience in C and C++.
- Experience with ARM core and/or Freescale 16-bit / 32-bit controllers
- Experience in test engineering a plus in order to support PCB functional tester interfaces
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of communication interfaces such as SPI, I2C, RS485, CAN, LIN, ETHERNET, etc.
- Knowledge of PLC programming experience a plus
- Good grasp of software design life cycle and design principles
- Basic understanding of hardware/software interfaces.