Aspect employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values customer obsession, unlocked communications and relentless innovation. Our ability to think big has enabled us to continually evolve and lead the market, and to stay on the forefront with exciting technologies including cloud, mobile and artificial intelligence.
General Scope & Summary
With direct management and mentoring of a Senior Engineer or higher, an Associate Engineer contributes as a team member for development, unit testing, and defect resolution of a specific area of a product component or test tool component. The Associate Engineer leverages computer programming languages and other specific technologies required to develop and maintain the component at a novice level.
Primary Role & Responsibilities
- Analyzes, programs, debugs, and does ongoing modification to selected areas of a software component, under the mentorship of more senior staff.
- Code may be used in commercial end-user applications, prototypes, or in test tools or other supporting programs.
- Using the required programming languages and other technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of application components.
- Completes internal documentation and procedures for ongoing maintenance of the code and for the use of the code by other developers.
- May interact with internal cross-functional members to better understand system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Develops and/or executes implementation according to the project plans and priorities provided by more senior staff.
- May participate in development in any of a range of product areas such as thin client, rich client, server, installation, communication layers, and so forth.
- Experience level: 4+ years
- Strong proficiency in C++ 14 Standards
- Design and Implementation experience using Data structures, Design Patterns, STL
- Good knowledge of Multi-threading, Socket Programming
- Identify Performance Bottlenecks and derive solution to fix problems.
- Strong debugging skills
- Development environment in Windows or Linux
- Experience in Telephony Services
- Experience in Source Control & CI – Clear Case, Git repository.
- AWS Cloud Technologies
- Azure Cloud Technologies