The position requires a high caliber Embedded Software engineer to develop and test Embedded Products.
- Take part in deriving key Firmware requirements & Hardware requirements from Product / Marketing requirements.
- Responsible for working on modular design, POC evaluations and documenting.
- Identify reusable modules for present and future.
- Responsible for High level Design, Detailed design, Coding and Review with all stakeholders.
- Responsible for Component selection, detail design (schematics), PCB design and Review with all stakeholders.
- Verify and Validate design through Unit Testing, Design Integration Testing and support System Testing.
- Responsible for Executing/supporting functional testing and compliance (EMI, EMC, Endurance, Safety etc.) testing of the controllers
- Responsible for detail design document with EMI/EMC consideration, Component Tolerance, de-rating calculations.
- Adherence to Development Process and provide inputs in cost/schedule estimation.
- Work seamlessly with cross functional teams to meet product requirements.
- Derive Firmware & Hardware requirements
- Participate in design of the embedded application according to requirements ensuring elegant and most lean approach.
- Design and develop Electronics hardware right from paper to prototype
- Participate in code reviews.
- Verification through Unit Testing, Design Integration Testing and System Testing.
- Perform Functional and Compliance Testing.
- Ensure thorough documentation of design, code, tests etc.
- Ensure adherence to excellence in structure, coding practices
Education & Experience
- BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech- EE, EC
- 2 to 4 years work experience in Embedded Software Development.
- Excellent embedded language proficiency, especially C and C++
- Must be familiar with diverse 8/16/32 bit microcontroller-based designs and their peripherals.
- Must be Familiar with ARM Cortex-M Series.
- Conversant with coding guidelines in embedded products.
- Should have good knowledge on debugging and used different tools like JTAG, BDM etc.
- Good knowledge of analogue, mixed signal, digital design and power topologies.
- Should be familiar with various communication protocols like ADC, DAC, SPI, I2C, UART, Modbus etc.
- Exposure to working with the test equipment’s Oscilloscope, Multimeters, Data loggers, EMC equipment’s etc.
- Strong debugging and testing skills (EMI/EMC).
- Good knowledge of DFx, PCB layout and EMI/EMC design principles.
- Awareness to Design for certification would be an added advantage.
- Exposure to ECAD tools like Mentor Expedition, Mentor Board Station, Orcad, Altium and Pads.
- Objective and clear articulation
- Good team player
- Effective in both direct and matrix organizations