If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Defines test strategy, develops detailed test plans, specifications, test cases, test scripts and test data sets that validate functional, performance requirements and update existing test procedures based on requirement changes and test analysis.
- Develops, execute, and maintain extensible automated tests; skillsets in C#, Java or Python required.
- Designs and implements robust, scalable, high quality Test Automation Suites within a Continuous Integration and Deployment environment to improve quality and productivity of functional, regression, and system tests.
- Leads and participates in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents; interacts with Management, Architects, and other Leads in a one-to-one or one-to-many meeting format.
- Analyze test results, and identify, document, and report root causes for test failures by working with the development team and the defect tracking system.
- Communicates technical concepts and information to internal staff/peers and stakeholders; strong verbal, documentation, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Identifies opportunities for process, tools, and test methodology improvements, and drives those from concept to implementation.
- Validates official customer product releases and takes responsibility for the end-result.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Electrical/Computer Science Engineering from accredited institution
- Master’s degree in Electrical/Computer/Electronics & Telecomm Engineering from accredited institution
- 4+ years of experience in Embedded software/firmware quality assurance
- 3+ years of experience with C#, Java programming, Python or other scripting languages.
- 2+ years of experience in automation framework development or maintenance.
- 1+ years of experience in API testing.
- Proven experience with test plan development, automated testing, and continuous integration
- Good debugging skills.
- Good understanding of testing process and terminologies.
- Good to have experience in CI/CD Jenkins or Bamboo etc, Powershell, Batch.
- Should be open to work on any tools, technology, projects as per business needs.
- Should be able to work individually or as a team player as per project needs.
- Must have proven track record of validating high quality products.
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM development lifecycle.
- Proficient in Data Driven testing approaches.
- Understanding of relational database design and testing against SQL Server.
- Worked on defining and implementing System Automation Test Framework for 1+ projects.
- Proficient understanding of Source Control software and Code Collaboration tools (Git, SVN, etc.); experience with Issue and Project Tracking software (JIRA, TFS, etc.).
- Experience with system level testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Problem solving skills, Working in ambiguity, process management