The Vehicle Connectivity group’s role within the GTT Vehicle Engineering is to secure the telematics solutions are deployed on all truck brands in a quality assured way. This group will play a vital role for the GTT to effectively utilize the potential of Telematics linked solutions like Uptime Services, Fleet Management, Vehicle Tracking, Navigation etc.,.
The Vehicle Connectivity team in Bangalore is an integral part of Global Vehicle Connectivity organization which shall secure connected vehicles supporting the increasing demand for soft products. Connectivity is a key enabler for fleet management, uptime services and advanced vehicle services such as driver assistance, truck specific navigation and fuel reduction, targeting reduced costs as well as increased revenues. Vehicle Connectivity develops software for telematics systems for several Volvo companies.
As a Developer you will gain a good understanding of End to End functions of Vehicle Connectivity sub-system, logical design of End to End functions and develop embedded software working in a global environment. You would make significant contribution to Global Telematics Software platform, joining a team of highly skilled and well organized product development team with colleagues in Sweden, USA, France, India and Japan.
The position holder will report to Group Manager – Software Development.
- Maintain, develop, test, document and release software solutions according to a new requirement or change request.(PMR, QJ, Work package).
- Discuss with the System Leaders/Functional Owners group to get the required specification which need to be analyzed and implemented as solutions.
- Develop embedded code in C++ language from software requirement specifications, candidates are expected to have good knowledge of C++ 11 and 14 standards.
- Perform trouble shooting in drivers, BSP, OS
- Develop unit tests, tests the software to verify functionality using testing tools
- Document the software code in order to release the software for use in the ECU.
- Follow the predetermined work processes in order to comply with the standards
- Suggest and implement improvements in the software development process/environment
- 2-6 years of experience in embedded software development using C++
- Good communication skill (written and verbal) in English
- BE/M. Tech in CSE or Electronics or Electrical Engineering
- Experienced in working with continuous integration environment using Jenkins, Bitbucket, Git, Artifactory.
- Experienced in Linux operating system, SystemD, Kernal programming also having working knowledge with Yacto SDK.
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR and Vector tool chain Ex: GENy, Candela Studio, Configurator Pro.
- Knowledge of CAN (e.g. J1939) protocol, Canalyzer and CANOE.
Good To Have
- Genuine interest in Vehicle Connectivity/Telematics for Automotive domain
- Experienced in Agile/SAFe way of working in software development
- Proficiency in Microcontrollers e.g: i.MX controllers and its variants
- Someone who enjoys working in a Global Organisation with cross functional interaction
For more information please contact: HR Recruitment – Priya Kulkarni, firstname.lastname@example.org