The Vehicle Connectivity team in Bangalore is an integral part of Global Vehicle Connectivity organization which shall secure connected vehicles supporting the increasing demand for soft products. Connectivity is a key enabler for fleet management, uptime services and advanced vehicle services such as driver assistance, truck specific navigation and fuel reduction, targeting reduced costs as well as increased revenues. Vehicle Connectivity develops software for telematics systems for several Volvo companies.
We are looking for an experienced ESW application Engineer (Test developer) to independently design, perform and evaluate test cases with support from the test manager. It would involve automation of mainly functional and regression test and verification of software for embedded real-time systems within the area of telematics. You would join a team of highly skilled and well organized product development team with colleagues in USA, Sweden, France, India and Japan.
The position holder will report to Group Manager, Integration and Verification, Vehicle Connectivity.
- Responsible for Embedded software or component test and verification strategy, planning and follow up within project
- Responsible for securing that the software components are well integrated with the hardware and user environment
- Secure test automation to drive efficiency by developing software for automatic test cases
- Responsible to ensure sufficient regression testing for releases during the project
- Secure that the requirements are possible to verify
- Define milestones for Vehicle Connectivity software test plan, within the project
- Identify test cases and prepare test plan as per the test strategy to cover all functionalities
- Work closely with the software development team to identify the root cause of defects
Who are you?
- 3-5 years of experience in automation of Embedded Software/Embedded systems/functions and/or component testing (White box testing)
- BE/M.tech in Electronics or Electrical Engineering
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in CAPL scripting, CANoe Simulation Robot framework and Jenkins
- Good programming skills in any one of the scripting languages like C, Python, Perl or Ruby
- Good understanding of GIT,JIRA ,Jenkins and Confluence
- CI/CD concepts
- Systematic, analytic, pro-active and open minded with interest in software debugging
- Experience in providing solutions for automation of verification activities in software or component level within automotive domain
- Good design & analysis knowledge to perform the reviews with the development team
- Experienced at working in a global organization with cross functional interaction
Are we the Perfect Match?
- Genuine interest in Telematics for Automotive domain (GSM, GPRS, Truck Knowledge)
- Knowledge of CAN (e.g. J1939) protocol and Canalyzer, CANoE
- Knowledge of Software Product line techniques
- Exposure to developing and maintaining test systems(rigs) for the verifying software or components
- Good experience in Agile