Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider.
Viasat was founded in 1986. Today, we have over 5500 employees globally and in the year ending March 2019, our revenues were ~$2.1 Billion.
In the Executive Assistant role, you will support the Country Head along with a dynamic team. Your high energy, teamwork skills, and ability to prioritize and organize will be put to use as you provide administrative support, coordinate activities between departments, manage requests, coordinate travel, process expense reports, manage calendars, and process invoices. You must have superb customer service skills and be prepared to quickly respond to changes in direction. As an Executive Assistant you will be trusted with sensitive information and must always maintain discretion.
We’re proud of our culture and find that our Administrative Assistants play an important role in serving as ambassadors to our company.
In this role you will perform the following tasks:
- Apply your outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to interface with personnel from various departments and cultures and at all levels
- Demonstrable excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain discretion with potentially sensitive and confidential information
- Apply your ability to multi-task supporting multiple functional areas
- Leverage your past history of working gracefully under pressure with little supervision and be able to diffuse high tension situations with tact, flare or humor
- Apply your exceptional attention to detail to all tasks with a combined sense of urgency with patience and diplomacy
- 2 plus years executive level administrative expertise or equivalent in a high technology global business environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Up to 10% Travel