Location: India – Gurgaon
Time Type: Temporary
Number of Openings: 1
Trimble is recruiting for a Field Service Engineer to fill an opportunity in Gurgaon, India.
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for working with and coordinating hardware equipment installation, maintenance & repair activities in their assigned customer accounts or field territory. The individual will undergo on-site product certification training on hardware installation, repair and maintenance as per TMSIPL quality standards. They will also interact with Customer Support & Product Management during new product development, introduction, and when field installation issues arise to define equipment installation and maintenance best practices and to establish Standard Operating Procedures.
Perform customer-site GPS equipment installation, maintenance, repair and corrective action activities.
Conduct QA audits of installation and/or repair work. Generate audit reports, scorecards and corrective action reports.
Assist in the development of hardware installation certification training curriculums and documentation.
Contribute and/or generate product installation guides, manuals and installation documents.
Document repair and troubleshooting techniques.
Communicate problems requiring Customer Support & Product Management action through clearly written reports, and assist in technical resolution of issues
Use engineering documentation including schematics, mechanical drawings, installation documentation, product bulletins, ECOs, component data sheets, functional specifications, etc. in the course of solving technical problems.
Skills & Experience Required:
Diploma in Electrical/Electronics (Automobile) and/or Certification in Automobile Electrical/Electronic from a reputed Industrial Training Institute (ITI).
0 – 2 years technical field service hardware experience performing mechanical and electrical equipment troubleshooting and repair.
Strong problem identification, resolution and root cause analysis skills.
Strong verbal communication skills.
Demonstrated organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities.
PC skills (Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Excellent customer communication skills.
Ability to speak English is a plus.
Travel up to 50% or as delegated/assigned by the regional field ops supervisor.
Apply for job
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (38)
- Automobile (8)
- Embedded/Chip Design (380)
- Engineering (281)
- Government (106)
- Internships (158)
- Manufacturing (17)
- Medical Electronics (4)
- Miscellaneous (214)
- Network (7)
- PCB Design (6)
- Procurement/Supply chain (3)
- Research and Development (R&D) (44)
- Robotics (5)
- Sales (8)
- Service & Maintenance (19)
- Software and System Programming (207)
- Technical Support (12)
- Technical Writer (16)
- Telecom (60)
- Testing/QA/QC (57)
- Trainee (19)
- Walk-ins (9)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Wireless Charging: Fuel of the Future August 20, 2018
- Multi-Status Indicator Using Single RGB LED August 19, 2018
- IoT and Touch-Based Home Automation with Video (Hindi & English) August 17, 2018
- When Will We Get 5G? The Transition from 4G to 5G! August 16, 2018
- What is 1G,2G,3G,4G,5G? August 16, 2018
- 5 Exciting Technologies To Enable 5G August 16, 2018
- How will a ‘5G smart city’ look like? August 16, 2018
- Slic3r: A Reliable 3D Printing Companion August 16, 2018
- What is 5G? August 16, 2018
- Thermal and Humidity Effects on Electronic Equipment August 15, 2018