|Trimble is recruiting for a Field Service Engineer to fill a remote opportunity in India.
The Field Service Engineer will be responsible for working with and coordinating hardware equipment installation, maintenance & repair activities in their assigned customer accounts or field territory. The individual will undergo on-site product certification training on hardware installation, repair and maintenance as per TMSIPL quality standards. They will also interact with Customer Support & Product Management during new product development, introduction, and when field installation issues arise to define equipment installation and maintenance best practices and to establish Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform customer-site GPS equipment installation, maintenance, repair and corrective action activities.
- Conduct QA audits of installation and/or repair work. Generate audit reports, scorecards and corrective action reports.
- Assist in the development of hardware installation certification training curriculums and documentation.
- Contribute and/or generate product installation guides, manuals and installation documents.
- Document repair and troubleshooting techniques.
- Communicate problems requiring Customer Support & Product Management action through clearly written reports, and assist in technical resolution of issues
- Use engineering documentation including schematics, mechanical drawings, installation documentation, product bulletins, ECOs, component data sheets, functional specifications, etc. in the course of solving technical problems.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Diploma in Electrical/Electronics (Automobile) and/or Certification in Automobile Electrical/Electronics from a reputed Industrial Training Institute (ITI).
- 0 – 2 years technical field service hardware experience performing mechanical and electrical equipment troubleshooting and repair.
- Strong problem identification, resolution and root cause analysis skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities.
- PC skills (Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent customer communication skills.
- Ability to speak English is a plus.
- Travel up to 50% or as delegated/assigned by the regional field ops supervisor.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.