Intel’s Microarchitecture Research Lab located in Bangalore, India is seeking proficient Graduate Research Interns. We are in the early advanced research phase of the 2020+ generation of CPU/GPU products on Intel’s roadmap.
As research intern, you will develop and use software to model, analyze and optimize futuristic systems. The focus would be to co-analyze and co-optimize hardware and software components such that highly integrated systems may be built. You will comprehend performance and power aspects cutting across application code, system software such as OS, drivers and runtimes, and scalability limiters in software and hardware. The focus will be on a large class of application categories such as Big Data, Machine Learning. HPC, Productivity, Imaging , Multimedia and 3D Graphics. The insights gathered will be leveraged to devise microarchitecture ideas for CPU, GPU and SoC subsystems such as cache and memory. Modeling and developing these ideas into features will form the central part of the internship.
You should possess a BS/MS or PhD in Computer Science or Electrical/Electronics Engineering. CPU, GPU or SoC architecture and microarchitecture expertise/training is a requirement. Experience with VLSI design/verification and superlative Software skills in C/C++ and in Scripting languages such as Perl/Python in the Linux environment would be required. Proficiency in CPU/GPU Instruction Set Architecture, Software/Hardware Performance Benchmarking and Debugging would be very desirable. Prior experience in developing System Software, Compilers and Emulators/Simulators would be very useful.
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: India-India, Bangalore
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Type: Student/Intern
Posting Date: Apr 8, 2016
Apply Before: Ongoing
Business Group Intel Labs is the company’s world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel’s technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel’s growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
Posting Statement: N/A
Apply for job
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (38)
- Automobile (8)
- Embedded/Chip Design (380)
- Engineering (281)
- Government (106)
- Internships (158)
- Manufacturing (17)
- Medical Electronics (4)
- Miscellaneous (214)
- Network (7)
- PCB Design (6)
- Procurement/Supply chain (3)
- Research and Development (R&D) (44)
- Robotics (5)
- Sales (8)
- Service & Maintenance (19)
- Software and System Programming (207)
- Technical Support (12)
- Technical Writer (16)
- Telecom (60)
- Testing/QA/QC (57)
- Trainee (19)
- Walk-ins (9)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Wireless Charging: Fuel of the Future August 20, 2018
- Multi-Status Indicator Using Single RGB LED August 19, 2018
- IoT and Touch-Based Home Automation with Video (Hindi & English) August 17, 2018
- When Will We Get 5G? The Transition from 4G to 5G! August 16, 2018
- What is 1G,2G,3G,4G,5G? August 16, 2018
- 5 Exciting Technologies To Enable 5G August 16, 2018
- How will a ‘5G smart city’ look like? August 16, 2018
- Slic3r: A Reliable 3D Printing Companion August 16, 2018
- What is 5G? August 16, 2018
- Thermal and Humidity Effects on Electronic Equipment August 15, 2018