Requisition ID: (20000062)
Candidate will be a part of Hardware Design Team in Embedded Center of Excellence (ECoE) Group and will be responsible for Electronic Product Design for various Business Units.
Hardware Lead – Hardware Design, Grade B3/B4 reports functionally to Team Leader/Technical Leader Embedded Center of Excellence (ECoE) at Emerson Innovation Center- Pune.
- Positions’ main responsibility would be to enhance existing and/or develop new hardware designs/technology that enables the launch of new products.
- Provide technical solutions, follow defined processes & lead in hardware development & technology innovations.
- Reviews project deliverables to ensure quality levels are met and co-ordinate with engineering teams.
- Understand customer requirements and communicate them to cross-functional teams, and act as the liaison for program activities as appropriate.
- Develop and control the schedule and direct the work in order to effectively manage time.
- Monitor progress and achievements on projects. Provide regular reports on development and support activities.
- Provide expert resolution of issues and monitor integration of work.
- Review technical concepts of all electronics projects including equipment specification and design.
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in engineering in electronics /Electronics & Telecommunication/Industrial Electronics.
Total relevant work experience: 4+ years.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Extensive experience of full Hardware development life cycle including requirements management, design, development, verification & validation, qualification & certification testing in Electrical / Industrial applications.
- Individual will be responsible for complete functional (hardware validation), environmental (Thermal, shock, Dry-heat, Vibration, Humidity) & EMC (Surge, EFT, ESD, CS, CE, RE, RS) validation.
- Should have expertise in developing high speed mixed signals circuits.
- 16/32-bit micro-controllers and high-speed peripherals-based designs.
- Sound experience of linear / Switched Mode Power Supplies
- Should have hands on experience in wireless hardware design using WiFi, Zigbee and Wireless HART protocols.
- Sound experience on simulation tools like PSpice, LTSpice, Model Sim, etc.
- Hands on experience in defining the system / subsystem specifications, designing the architecture and requirements for complex systems.
- Strong knowledge of EMI / EMC certification and environmental compliance – UL /IEC /RoHS /REACH etc.
- Hands on experience on various Communication protocols like RS232, USB, SPI, I2C, Ethernet, wireless etc.
- Experience collaborating with local / global suppliers for prototype developments, external labs for testing etc.
- Good knowledge on PCB design guidelines for SI, high speed design & EMI/EMC.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.