Key Responsibilities :
a. Deep understanding on CMF (color, material and finishes) and its impact on a customer and business aspects.
b. Visualizing various CMFs with respect to its feasibility.
c. Presentation skills: Conceive blue print and sharing of creative ideas
d. Strong sketching skills: To bring ideas to paper.
e. Make out impression drawing, and the accuracy of the drawing is crucial
f. Review Pro-E model and further refine the design to make them CMF visualization ready.
g. Follow up & create the mock up for presented CMFs.
h. Adjust the model and the overall effect, to ensure the feasibility of mass production;
i. Follow up later stage visits with factory and suppliers.
j. Analyze the popular trends, in and out of mobile phone design.
k. Come up with unique ideas which have potential to become future market trends.
l. Design the products which will create differentiator in the market & will give company competitive edge & advantage among the competitors ie. Periodic CMF forecasting.
m. Arrange supplier/vendor roadshows within Lava vicinity.
n. Establish a close-knit channel with Supplier/Vendor R&D facilities to fast-track realization of latest CMF onto products.
Desired Skills & Competencies :
1. Soft-skills and tools competencies, (freshers should be acquainted with):
a. Proficient in sketching.
b. 2D render capabilities in Photoshop and Coreldraw.
c. 3D modelling capabilities in ProE/Creo.
d. 3D rendering capabilities in Keyshot.
e. Hands-on experience on conceptualizing and implementing samples and swatches for CMF.
2. Behavioural competencies:
a. High Integrity
b. Strong-quality execution under deadlines
c. Collaboration and Solution oriented
d. Quality Mind
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Consumer Electronics / Appliances / Durables
Functional Area: Engineering Design , R&D
Role Category: Engineering Design
Role: Design Engineer
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
Please refer to the Job description above
UG: B.Des. – Any Specialization
PG: M.Des. – Any Specialization
Doctorate: Doctorate Not Required
Apply for job
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (35)
- Automobile (8)
- Embedded/Chip Design (352)
- Engineering (273)
- Government (103)
- Internships (149)
- Manufacturing (16)
- Medical Electronics (2)
- Miscellaneous (206)
- Network (7)
- PCB Design (5)
- Procurement/Supply chain (3)
- Research and Development (R&D) (41)
- Robotics (5)
- Sales (7)
- Service & Maintenance (18)
- Software and System Programming (196)
- Technical Support (12)
- Technical Writer (15)
- Telecom (58)
- Testing/QA/QC (57)
- Trainee (19)
- Walk-ins (9)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Automatic Bike Turning Indicator July 20, 2018
- DC Power Meter for 0-55V 20A Work Bench Power Supply July 19, 2018
- 11 Things to Know About Raspberry Pi July 18, 2018
- LibreCAD: A Practical Tool for 2D Designs July 18, 2018
- Synopsys Hosts SNUG 2018 to Discuss Real-world Semiconductor Design Challenges July 18, 2018
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Get Ready for the Cloud Era July 17, 2018
- What is the Difference Between Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality? July 17, 2018
- OLED Displays and Their Applications July 16, 2018
- Voltage Regulator as Audio Amplifier July 14, 2018
- Virtual Assistants For Your Home July 13, 2018