Want to make a difference and be challenged every day? Then come to Maxim Integrated and be part of a team that pushes the boundaries of what’s possible.
Join our team and experience Maxim– a highly successful, $2.3 billion company with offices and manufacturing sites around the world. We develop the high-performance analog and mixed-signal electronic products that are in the latest cars, smartphones, wearables, hearables, gaming devices, robots, factories, IOT devices, the cloud, and more.
From the day we first opened our doors in 1983, we’ve attracted and nurtured some of the best problem solvers, creative thinkers, and innovators in the business. Every day, we’re empowering design innovation and overcoming the toughest engineering challenges, enabling our customers to create the solutions that define and shape our world. And, we do this in a culture where bold thinking, teamwork, growth and community involvement are recognized and rewarded.
Job Description Summary
We know that you have a lot to offer, and you are ready to take on any challenge. As part of the Internship Program, you will be given opportunities to learn, grow and have fun. Interns can expect: Meaningful projects that you drive, mentorship and support from working professionals, collaboration with experienced professionals to solve current challenges, social and networking opportunities.
The engineer will focus primarily on verifying and auditing PCB libraries. The job requires to download schematic symbol, PCB Footprints/land patterns and 3D Models from vendor database & review the quality (PCB Schematic symbol, pin configuration mappings and land pattern details with respect to datasheets). The candidate will be mentored on Cadence Allegro ECAD Tools for performing the job function. As part of the Internship Program, you will be given opportunities to learn PCB design process to enhance your skills.
- Verify & validate schematic symbol mapping to PCB Footprint/Land Pattern on Datasheets
- Review & ensure all Maxim parts conform to Datasheet schematic pin configuration
- Work closely with global PCB Library team to review all PCB Footprints & Symbols for Maxim ICs
Qualifications & Requirements
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or equivalent
- Knowledge on electronic schematics and components datasheets
- Knowledge on ICs part number specifications, schematic symbol pin configurations
- Knowledge on engineering drawings to review PCB Footprint/Land Pattern on datasheets
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to ensure collaboration across global functional teams.
- Must be a team player & must have the ability to carry out implementation tasks independently in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment & to deliver assigned projects in a timely manner.
- Knowledge on PCB design & ECAD Tools like Cadence Allegro, Mentor Graphics PADS, Altium, OrCAD etc.
- Exposure to computer programming knowledge C, C++, Lisp, Tcl/TK for Automation and Scripting, VB Scripting
Bachelors – Engineering