As an Intern – technical writer, you would be required to develop and maintain a range of end-user documentation materials that cover a number of formats including user guides, reference manuals, FAQS, quick starts, tutorials, videos etc. for multiple projects simultaneously. As part of the role, there will be an opportunity to work with multiple disciplines (R&D, Customer Support, Product Validation, Product Engineering etc.), across the globe, in order to establish documentation requirements through a variety of source materials, tool expertise, and research, and then deliver quality content to a worldwide, discerning, customer base. The applicant should have a passion for the development of high quality documentation, with a strong and interactive customer focus, and be excited by the opportunity to continue to learn and develop their technical writing skills.
- The applicant should be able to demonstrate an eagerness to work in a close team environment, dealing with various groups and disciplines across the globe.
- In addition, the applicant should have knowledge of Adobe FrameMaker and MS Office.
- Special consideration will be given for experience in UNIX, Wiki, graphic capturing tools, Adobe Captivate, and, in particular, electronics/EDA software and documentation.
- Excellent grasp of the English language and strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must.
- It will be part of the daily work routine to quickly understand a range of electronic engineering concepts and then apply that knowledge in the creation of end-user content.