Job Description and Requirements
Internship (FPGA and Embedded SW) at Synopsys
Synopsys is looking for engineering graduates/PG students to work as interns in the field of VLSI.
The focus of work would be FPGA-Implementation/Embedded-SW (Driver software) in one of the following areas related to connectivity protocols:
- USB/Ethernet/SDMMC/MIPI/Memory Controllers
- The nature of work would be on the following lines:
- Architectural exploration for subsystem design
- Implementation of subsystem design (Area/timing/power constrained)
- Prototyping methodologies
- Embedded (Driver) software development and testing
- Based on project assigned, the job would involve one or more of the following activities:
- FPGA design and implantation of designed subsystem
- Simulation of the subsystem design
- HW bring-up and testing/validation/prototyping
- Device driver software development and testing
- Test Automation
- The candidate must have completed Bachelor’s degree in electronics/ Electrical Engg.
- Partial completion of MS/MTech preferable. (Electrical/Electronics/VLSI/MicroElectronics or allied specializations.)
- Minimum 7.0 CGPA/ 70% in Bachelor in engineering and 7.5 CGPA in Master’s till the current semester.
- Need to be backed with consistently high academics in 10th standard and 12th standard.
- Good understanding in Digital electronics.
- Good understanding of low level software coding with decent exposure to C programming language
Tenure: Typically 6 months to 12 months based on academic requirement and extendible based on performance.
Location: The positions are based out of Synopsys offices at Bangalore and would require the candidate to physically work
out of Synopsys offices during the office hours 5 days/ week during the internship tenure.
Note: Synopsys converts many of its Interns to full time employees after the completion of internship and
based on performance during the internship tenure and business needs