The IT Platform Engineer is responsible for ensuring a robust operations environment for the various services that we support within Logitech, from internal infrastructural services to core database and business intelligence systems to consumer-facing applications. Our lean team manages all IT services and applications infrastructure across the globe for internal and external customers and consumer end-users, on prem and in the public cloud for millions of users on thousands of nodes.
- Move fast. Speak up. Decide and own. Drive change. Exceed customer needs. These are some of the winning behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Design, develop, deploy and support on-premise and off-premise infrastructure solutions
- Optimize existing solutions for cost and performance, and propose alternatives and improvements
- Design and develop new tools and configure monitoring that will discover failures/issues in a timely fashion. Perform system reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback about potential improvements
- Adhere to best practices to improve reliability and performance. Respond quickly to and resolve incidents throughout the stack (application, OS, and network.)
- A passion for automation and reducing repetitive tasks.
- Highly self-motivated and driven to continually learn and improve
- Working as part of a global team, collaborates and is able to prioritize tasks and assist and call upon other team members to get the job done.
- For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- Experience working in scalable and highly available infrastructure systems and application architectures. Hands-on experience working with on-premise and cloud-based services in production and development environments.
- Proven experience with VMWare, EMC, AWS/GCP/Azure Cloud, Windows and Linux OSes. Broad and deep understanding of compute and storage architectures.
- Experience working with Microsoft and Linux services, Active Directory and other shared infrastructure. Solid understanding of network and application stacks, able to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve application and environmental issues efficiently.
- Being on call, resolving incidents, driving postmortems and improvements.
- Comfortable with AWS native services (S3, Storage Gateway, Route53, etc.). GCP/Azure a plus.
- Passionate about automating and reducing repetitive tasks.
- Familiarity with configuration and deployment tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Chef, Puppet a plus.
- Understanding of security requirements necessary to operate in public cloud. Knowledge of hybrid cloud architecture.
- 3-5 years of technical experience in customer facing datacenter architecture, delivery and operational services in environments running VMWare and AWS/Azure/GCP.
BE/BTech Computer science /Electronics & Communication OR MCA