The DVT Engineer will be a member of a team responsible for test case generation and implementation, including test case automation and scripting. Test cases will be designed to verify system level functional specifications for advanced telecommunications networks and services. This DVT Engineer is an entry-level position where the work is primarily focused on learning and developing professional concepts within component engineering. Assignments are designed to establish professional work knowledge and abilities. Entry-level Engineers will normally receive detailed instructions on assignments and will follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Develop or assist in the development of automated test applications and test systems from existing test cases or general requirement documents.
- Ensure that test applications, test procedures, test systems, and test cases verify system level functional specifications for advanced telecommunications networks and services.
- May work closely with design engineers to develop and automate test procedures, work closely with HW/SW developers to recreate and resolve issues found during testing, and interface with Product Qualification and System Design Verification groups.
- Maintain accurate test procedure documentation.
- Analyze and interpret, or assist in the analysis of test case results using debug output (CLI debug output, WireShark network traces, equipment level Debug output, etc.) to provide specific failure mechanism information to Design Engineering.
- Analyze or assist in the analysis of problem re-creation results using debug output to provide specific failure mechanism information to Design Engineering.
- May assist in the maintenance and development of automated software stability tests (smoke tests) or other test automation related software within SDVT.
- May train and guide test technicians in performance of test cases.
- May assist in managing offsite testers.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required in order to ensure quality workflow.
- Other projects and assignments may result and be assigned to accommodate the changing needs of the department and the Company
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Master ‘s Degree in Computer Science or Electronics Electronics & Communication Engineering.
Experience: 0-2 years
- Good knowledge on Test Automation development using Python/Robot Framework.
- Experience in access technologies like xDSL, xPON and next Generation Broadband Network testing that includes triple play testing.
- Familiar with L2/L3 network device function, configuration and protocols (VLAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, IPv4, etc).
- Familiarity with common industry test equipment (Cisco Switches/Routers, Spirent Test Centre/Abacus, Shenick, N2X, and IXIA).
- Good hands on experience in design test beds/topologies, handling various traffic equipment/tools.
- Good understanding of QA methodology — test plans, test cycles, test reviews and software releases.
- Conduct and participate in design reviews and test plan reviews.
- Perform unit and system level testing of implemented software modules and enhancements using lab test equipment needed.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with remote teams across time zones.
- Hands on experience in test log analysis and debugging/trouble shooting issues.
- Experience in providing guidance, training and mentoring to automation test engineers for the implementation of testing automation