Adtran Networks India Private
Education: Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree or Master ‘s Degree in Computer Science Engineering or ECE.
The Software Engineer will be a member of a team responsible for designing, analyzing requirements, developing, implementing, testing, debugging, and maintaining software solutions for ADTRAN products including but not limited to the following: driver development, application development, system software architecture, software test development, and customer assistance. This Software Engineer is a developmental level position where the work is primarily focused on the development professional expertise within software engineering. Assignments are designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities. Developmental level Engineers will normally receive general instructions on routine engineering tasks and receive detailed instructions on new projects and assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- May design or assist in the design development of multiple L2 and L3 networking protocols running on embedded network devices.
- May perform or assist in high-level and low-level software design and implementation of new modules and enhancements to existing software.
- May perform or assist in feasibility studies of needed software development.
- May document the design including features definition and provisioning models.
- Help to define MIBS, CLI, and other user interface as required.
- May conduct and participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- May plan and perform unit and system level testing of implemented software modules and enhancements using lab test equipment as needed
- May design or assist in the design of TA5000 Access Module software including new features and maintenance and enhancement of existing products.
- May review Design Verification Test plans.
- Help fix software bugs found during all testing phases.
- May organize and coordinate development activities within schedule and product constraints.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required in order to ensure quality workflow.
- Other projects and assignments may result and be assigned to accommodate the changing needs of the department and the Company.
- Good understanding of general networking and telecom.
- Good understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.