We are seeking an NCG – Validation Engineering (new college graduate) for Microchip’s MCU32 division to support validation and characterization of PIC32 microcontrollers. Microchip is a world leader in 8, 16, and 32-bit microcontrollers. The Validation Engineering position is focused on helping with development of our analog and parametric testing infrastructure. Significant time will be spent developing test cases, performing lab bench experiments and assisting other team members in the validation of 32-bit microcontrollers at the unit and system-level. This position is based in Bangalore, India. As a validation engineer, you will work with worldwide teams located in France, USA, India and other corporate team members.
- Develop functional and system level/use-case validation tests for microcontrollers and test chips.
- Develop automated lab based testing of microcontroller for both digital and analog modules at the unit level and at the
full chip level.
- Functionally test prototype designs pre- and post-silicon using test chips and FPGA emulation platforms.
- Develop performance tests for determining circuit margin and datasheet parameters.
- Assist in lab test-bench design, configuration and data collection activities.
- Design or assist in the development of new testing infrastructure for use within the validation team.
- Drive design recommendations to improve the validation process, such as enhancements to test software and hardware
environments, lab equipment usage, and data management.
- Candidate should be familiar with using lab equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, Power Supplies,
Arbitrary Waveform and Pulse generators, etc.
- Candidate will have the primary role of creating test procedures, validation plans, test code development, postprocessing of data, test reports, and documenting results
- Candidate should have hands-on knowledge of C, C++ programming languages, LabVIEW/TestStand (good to have) and exposure to scripting languages.
- Candidate must be a College Graduate with a Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Electrical/Electronics or Computer Engineering (or
- Good understading of Microcontroller Architecture, interfacing and Embedded Systems.
- Knowledge of C programing langauge. Ability to develop Microcontroller code using C.
- Fundamentals of Digital and Analog circuits, circuite theory,
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Able to make decisions and adapt real-time.
- Able to prioritize tasks and execute to rigorous and dynamic schedules.
- System debugging skills using In circuit emulators and lab equipment such as oscilloscope/logic analyzer.
- Ability to understand and generate board schematics.
- Comfortable interfacing with a variety of engineering groups (Design, Verification, Production Test and Applications).