The NOC IT Technician I is an individual contributor and will provide technical first-level product support for applications. Acts as escalation point for support group for resolution of critical technical issues. Responsible for creation and tracking of trouble tickets and resolution of escalated support incidents. Answers technical support queries and implements fixes for application problems. Creates and maintains documentation for supported applications. Coordinates with customers to resolve technical support issues.
The NOC IT Technician I will report to the Network Operations Center Manager and be responsible for providing Level 1 trouble isolation and repair for all Syniverse Global Applications, Products, Platforms, and Services.
Must be a strong team player who is accountable towards business urgency, work in shifts to provide onsite 24×7 coverage to respond to customer and internal Syniverse issues, be flexible to work beyond stipulated hours.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work across various platforms/operating systems, production support utilities, web-based and client/server application systems.
- Help control production by monitoring system processes, working to resolve system issues and following established escalation procedures as required.
- Monitor, execute and support the operations installation of new software releases/updates into production by providing high-level technical guidance to operations personnel.
- Troubleshoot and isolate incidents with vendors and service providers. Escalate according to Syniverse NOC processes.
- System and Application administration for department-level technologies (e.g. database applications, business process applications, web administration, etc.).
- Single point of contact for all customer and vendor communications and escalations.
- Use IT Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Work Instructions (WI) and Server support documentation for the Network Operations Center (NOC).
- Analyze and report and act upon/resolve alerts generated by the monitoring tools
- Act as first line of contact for all Trouble Ticket issues, and maintain the shift logs
- Follow-up on change requests, incidents/Break-fixes and perform other scheduled activities within the SLA requirements. Facilitation of maintenance via internal correspondence and or bridges.
- Work closely with Tier-II and Tier-III counterparts to resolve and close events/incidents.
- Provide input to shift reports and coordinate handover of incomplete activities to the to the oncoming shift.
Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in the areas of application support, technical customer support, problem management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Management. A combination of education, technical education, and relevant experience will be considered.
- Strong technical skills in the configuration, installation, and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows (all versions), Linux/Unix, SQL, Telnet clients, SSH clients, Antivirus software, TCP/IP, and imaging.
- Familiarity with the following tools and processes (experience a plus):
o ITIL V3 (specifically event, incident, problem and change management).
o Ticketing applications (i.e. Remedy).
o Network infrastructure (LAN & WAN)
o NMS (Network Monitoring Solution) tools (i.e. Netcool)
o Oracle9i – Oracle 11g SQL/SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 and all related database tools
o Oracle Enterprise Manager
o Desktop security and standards (security/networking)
o Experience using remote desktop management tools, such as LANDesk Management Suite.
o Working knowledge of local area networks and network administration.
o IMAP, LDAP, Microsoft ActiveSync, Active Directory and group policies, data recovery tools, Microsoft Exchange, WINS, DHCP, DNS, and TCP/IP.
o Virtual Desktop Infrastructure or Virtual Application technology (e.g. VMWare, Citrix).
- Exceptional customer service skills and demeanor, along with the innovative ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical clients
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both verbal and written), detail orientation and familiarity with testing and troubleshooting techniques.
- Total Jobs 1 Jobs