Synopsys is seeking out individuals with Technically strong Physical Design experience for its Design Consultancy Group in Bangalore, India. Responsible for the development and implementation of technical solutions as part of a project team. Uses Synopsys EDA tools on a customer project in physical design.
The roles and responsibilities of a Typical Design Consultant in this group at Synopsys enables each engineer to develop expertise across the entire spectrum of RTL2GDSII Implementation i.e. Synthesis, Floorplanning, Power Grid Design, Placement, Clock implementation, Routing, STA, Electrical signoff, Power-Analysis, Physical Verification, Chip finishing etc.
You will be part of a team working on cutting edge design(s) and/or processes developing expertise across a mix of designs/technologies/tools. (ARM CPU cores, Graphic Cores, IPs including DDR, FullChips and complex blocks like modems/WLANs etc. )
Develops solutions to tough problems and implement Complex designs.
The position is most suitable for self-driven professionals with a flair for handling short-term uncertainties and the desire to drive Technical solutions impacting business to success.
Typically requires a minimum of 10-15 years of related experience. At this level, post-graduate coursework or knowledge base equivalent may be expected. Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in innovative and effective ways. Customarily exercises a high level of independent judgment and interpretation in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to obtain results. Drives projects, programs, and business initiatives. Initiates new cross-organizational projects. Regularly acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments and projects. Advises senior management on specialized technical or business issues. Serves as organization spokesperson on specialized projects or programs. Acts as prime consultant on significant projects that affect the organization’s long-term goals and objectives. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups and is able to influence senior level employees and managers.
- Hands on experience doing Physical Design of complex blocks and/or FullChip designs.
- Should have good understanding of timing, power and area trade-offs.
- Ability to pick-up new flows, learn on the job and influence QOR is a must.
- Experience delivering designs with multiple voltage islands is a plus.
- Demonstrates strong communication, verbal and written, and awareness of project management issues. Keeps composure during crises and can comfortably handle risks and uncertainty.
Apply for job
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (35)
- Automobile (8)
- Embedded/Chip Design (352)
- Engineering (273)
- Government (103)
- Internships (149)
- Manufacturing (16)
- Medical Electronics (2)
- Miscellaneous (206)
- Network (7)
- PCB Design (5)
- Procurement/Supply chain (3)
- Research and Development (R&D) (41)
- Robotics (5)
- Sales (7)
- Service & Maintenance (18)
- Software and System Programming (196)
- Technical Support (12)
- Technical Writer (15)
- Telecom (58)
- Testing/QA/QC (57)
- Trainee (19)
- Walk-ins (9)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Automatic Bike Turning Indicator July 20, 2018
- DC Power Meter for 0-55V 20A Work Bench Power Supply July 19, 2018
- 11 Things to Know About Raspberry Pi July 18, 2018
- LibreCAD: A Practical Tool for 2D Designs July 18, 2018
- Synopsys Hosts SNUG 2018 to Discuss Real-world Semiconductor Design Challenges July 18, 2018
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Get Ready for the Cloud Era July 17, 2018
- What is the Difference Between Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality? July 17, 2018
- OLED Displays and Their Applications July 16, 2018
- Voltage Regulator as Audio Amplifier July 14, 2018
- Virtual Assistants For Your Home July 13, 2018