This position is for a software quality assurance engineer within the Lifestyle Automotive Audio division. Products that will be developed are OEM automotive amplifiers and other similar audio processing products. Products typically consist of a main microcontroller for configuration, communication and control and a DSP processor for audio processing. This position leads the engineering process activity to adhere to Automotive SPICE process model. Responsible for process development, documentation, auditing, mentoring, training, and supporting assessments. Responsible for working with cross functional development teams to gain acceptance of process requirements and working with an offshore team as required to support process improvement.
- Develop and deploy engineering processes.
- Provide auditing of engineering practices for adherence to the defined process.
- Provide leadership for assessments and assessment readiness.
- Experienced with software development.
- Provide the expertise to drive the organization for compliance to required process models (CMMI, ASPICE).
- Coordinate with global teams for commonization of engineering processes.
- Support issue analysis for process enhancement.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate product development processes. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 4+ years of working in a software-oriented position.
- 4+ years of working in a software quality assurance role.
- Working knowledge of software development processes and tools.
- Working knowledge of requirements development processes and tools.
- Working knowledge of validation processes and tools.
- Working knowledge of program management processes and tools.
- Experienced with the development of automotive electronics modules and systems.
- Experienced with helping an organization to achieve adherence to the CMMI or ASPICE process model.
- Experienced operating in a software quality role including ASPICE/CMMI auditing and assessing.
- Experienced working with global development and validation teams.
- Experienced with development and management of project schedules.
- Experienced communicating and interfacing directly to the OEM customers.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable project management and time management skills.