We are looking for “Project Engineer, QCS” to be based in Mumbai, India. This position reports to “Engineering Manager, Projects”. In this position you will have opportunity to work as an individual or in a team who possess technical responsibility for the delivery of Quality Control System whom primarily works in office or in a paper mill environment.
In this position, you will be required followings:
You must have experience on Pulp and Paper process and plant operations and maintenance with quality management/measurement system along with latest plant control system, Project activities like Installation and commissioning, Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), control tuning, radioactive source handling and Cross directional /Machine directional control techniques used in Paper and Board machines. Hands-on experience in Project lead activities.
1. Participates in the planning of the project with the project manager with respect to the goals of the project, overall scheduling, risk analysis/contingency plan, and installation checklists.
2. Participates in the Definition phase of the project (Internal/external kick-off meetings, responsibilities, system definition, customer communication, freezing dates)
3. Takes the lead role in system initialization and configuration by internal and external resources.
4. Organizes and runs the internal testing and customer Factory Acceptance Testing
5. Takes lead role in managing site work:
- Responsible for site safety
- Coordinates work schedules for on-site personnel
- Handles customer communication including safety, progress reports, and site schedules
- Handles change requests together with the project manager
- Ensures that the delivery meets the customer’s expectations, including:
i. Commissioning of sensors and measurements
ii. Successful implementation of all delivered quality controls
iii. Customer training
iv. Successful completion of performance guarantees
v. Manages the punch list for timely completion
6. Finalize system documentation and arrange for preparation of commissioning reports, including value/ROI delivered
7. Provides feedback of customer’s comments for customer satisfaction assessment
8. Participates in transfer to service
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Engineering Graduate (BE) in Instrumentation or Electronics or Electrical from reputed university
- Added skills or diploma for paper technology or experience from reputed paper mill required. Experience of project engineering /execution (logic development).