About the Position
Mist is seeking a Quality Assurance engineer as a strategic component of our engineering team. As a QA engineer at Juniper (Mist Systems), you will ensure that we deliver the best Access Point (AP) in the world. You’ll bring testing and quality assurance to the table and help hardening the AP for functionality, performance, and reliability.
- Build and maintain a layer 2/3, multiple station wireless network testbed.
- Work with Sr. engineer to develop test plan and test cases.
- Execute test plan and test cases and document results.
- Remote executing performance testbeds and collect data.
- Understand how various WiFi features work and be able to recognize when it isn’t working as expected.
- Analyze logs and pinpoint root causes.
- File Jira tickets on failed test cases and bugs found.
- Work with developers and drive solution.
- Join related QA meetings and participate in discussions and provide status reports.
- Knowledge in Networking
- Knowledge in 802.11 WiFi standards
- BA/BS/MS in EECS or related discipline
Knowledge in Python is a plus
- Weekly has at least 4+ hours (in one day) to work in US Pacific working hours (8am~6pm), i.e. either an early shift or late shift, to closely work with AP QA lead.
- Relocation is/ available for this position
- Travel requirements for the position 0%