Virsec is looking for a QA engineer with strong background in Performance and System Testing
Do you see yourself in a role that will help reshape the world of cyber security?
We’re building the future of cyber security, and we’re looking for talented, problem solvers to join our team. By leveraging the innovative and highly acclaimed approach behind our breakthrough and patented technology, Virsec is building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high-value data. We’re bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing the cyber threat landscape as we do it. If you’re a smart, passionate engineer, we’d like to hear from you.
As a Performance Quality Engineer at Virsec, you’ll be responsible for;
- Testing and certifying the performance of various components of Virsec Product landscape
- Identify the performance / latency issues of various components and work with Engineering team
- Work with Product Management, CTO, Engineering team on reviews / finalization of acceptable threshold level of compute resources utilization (CPU, Memory, Disk I/O, Network) on the customer infrastructure
- Conduct performance/scalability benchmarking of with / without Virsec product on various application deployment infrastructure like Tomcat / Weblogic / WildFly / Weblogic / Webshpere etc.
- Develop required scripts to generate various test-data using Python / Bash / Power Shell scripts or suitable scripting technology
- Work with Quality Engineering team, Application Certification Engineering team, Security Testing team on various vulnerable / benign test-data payloads to be used for performance / scalability / load / stress tests
- Generate various benchmarking reports, identify potential bottlenecks, work with engineering team to fix the issues on
- CPU/Memory/IO/Network utilization of each components as well as measure end-to-end utilization of
- CPU/Memory/IO/Network utilization with/without Virsec product
- Setup and conduct long running tests (7 days / 30 days / 90 days / 120 days) with various Production deployment usage scenarios in Virsec Test Lab infra
- Work with AWS, Azure, Virsec hosted cloud provider to scale out the performance / load test infrastructure to conduct various performance / scalability / load tests expectations defined by Product Management team / CTO team / Sales & Marketing
- Minimum 36 months of experience working with performance and scalability testing in current project
- Performance testing – experience in tools such as Load Runner, J-Meter, HP Load Runner, Spirant etc.
- Experience in tools such as Zabbix or any other monitoring tool and produce compute resources utilization statistics
- String experience in developing required automation scripts / test-data generation using Python Scripts development, Bash Scripting / Shell Scripting
- Should have knowledge in deploying web applications on various application infrastructures like Tomcat / Weblogic / WildFly / Weblogic / Webshpere etc. by following the OEM installation documents
- Should have deployed applications on .NET, Tomcat, Weblogic, JBoss, Websphere etc.
- Should have knowledge various databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
- Relevant experience such as working in Security or Networking Domain
- Knowledge in Python
- System testing
- Performance testing
- Load testing
- Longevity testing
- Should have worked in Product Company
- A self-starter mindset; we are a start-up and move fast, so it’s important you can keep up
- Team first mentality
- Strong problem-solving abilities with attention to details.
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to interface with customers and cross functional teams such as Development, Support, Sales and
- A genuine and demonstrable aptitude and passion for learning new technologies