With over 1,900 research operatives worldwide, the Corporate Technology department ( www.ct.siemens.com ) occupies a special position within Siemens’ R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, the USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe Corporate Technology helps secure the company’s technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
RTC is at the heart of Siemens R&D. Its strong technology base makes it a strong in-house partner for innovation. We develop technologies with wide applicability for the Siemens Divisions and help them to successfully bring innovations to market. Our 1,800+ scientists at locations in North America, Europe, and Asia ensure the technological and innovative future of the company.
The computational mechanics team as part of Automation Engineering India Research Group conducts research in the area of advanced computational fluid flow simulation and probabilistic design and analysis of gas turbine components.
What are my responsibilities?
Independently apply statistical data analysis and design optimization methods on leading to improved structural stationary and rotating components designs
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- PhD or Masters in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering with in statistical data analysis and robust design processes
- Experience in Numerical methods/simulations of complex structures
- Experience in developing tools to automate the analysis and post-processing
- Experience in interface programming, data handling, automation (e.g. C/C++, Perl, Python, R, Matlab, etc.)
- Background on mathematical data analysis processes like statistics / stochastic / optimization
- Background on material science (fatigue, creep, fracture mechanics)
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
Requisition ID: 300669
Organization: Corporate Technology
Career Level: Recent Graduate