National Instruments India requires driven engineers to join our Inside Sales Team. Sales Development Engineer (SDE) is a critical role in ensuring customers’ and NI’s success by building a pipeline of qualified business opportunities. Applying both strong technical and business acumen skills, SDE will need to work collaboratively with the NI Sales & Support teams and our customers to understand and help uncover needs in areas where NI can help impact customer business issues and create value.
Duties, Responsibilities & Opportunities That The SDE Role Offers
- Technical expertise with an ability to position NI products when consulting with customers.
- Uncover customer needs to help develop a qualified opportunity pipeline for sales territories.
- Develop critical business skills while working with customers to understand if there is a mutually beneficial opportunity which grows NI’s business and ensures customer success.
- Demonstrate understanding of Selling tools, Systems and Processes.
- Develop expertise in handling variety of Pre-sales requests from potential clients including but not limited to technical specifications, alternative technical solutions and pricing.
- Successfully execute the prescribed lead handling strategy.
- Exhibit a strong understanding of a diverse catalog of engineering applications.
- Engage with customers in different verticals, various profiles and at different tiers of NI business.
- Opportunity to work with multiple stake holders within the sales organization to develop proposals to assist the customer in selecting relevant products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- At least 6 months in similar/relating role, with a track record of performance
- Shown an aptitude for developing customer relationships
Key Skills & Competencies
- Active listening with exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Exhibit a proactive can-do attitude
- Strong customer service skills & Customer Focus
- Solid understanding of electronics and high level programing languages
- Driving for Results & Continuous Learning
- Contributing to team success