Requisition ID: (18007997)
Primary Location: India-Maharashtra-Pune
Job Function: Information Technology
Job Posting Date: Jun 1, 2018, 11:00:53 AM
Summary of Role
To perform Verification & Validation activities for SCADA and other windows based applications used in Oil & Gas field.
OpenEnterprise is Emerson’s leading-edge SCADA platform designed for remote Oil and Gas mission-critical applications where data integrity and uptime are essential over complex communication networks. This role is as a Verification and Validation engineer within the OpenEnterprise team. Person will be closely working with developers to validate new enhancements, performs automation for new features and conduct regression testing.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Responsibilities of the job will include
- Attend regular team meeting to understand requirements, develop test cases, conduct peer review of test cases, create automation scripts, perform regression testing etc.
- Provide regular status to local team leader or project manager
- Participating in quality audits where necessary.
- Adhere to local and international Emerson principles, practices and procedures.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Skilled in testing products used in industrial automation
- Exposure to PLC, SCADA, RTU, Flow computer, Industrial protocols
- Working knowledge of C# and Test automation tool, preferable Ranorex
- Engineering Graduate in Electronics/Electricals/Computer/Instrumentation
- Minimum 2 years working or relevant experience
The successful candidate will:
- Be action oriented and full of energy for the things they see as challenging
- Have the functional, technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; can see hidden problems; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answers.