Careers that Change Lives
The Engineering R & D function at Medtronic Engineering & Innovation Centre ( MEIC), Hyderabad As a Software Engineer on this team, you will work closely with Sr. level team members to understand customer needs and develop high value, fully integrated solutions for medical devices. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving.SW development & testing, prototype development and testing (electrical, and software).
A Day in the Life
- Design and develop software supporting medical devices, in compliance with applicable regulations and processes.
- Work with team members to develop software requirements. This includes defining the user interface, defining the software/firmware interface by working with firmware and systems engineers, receiving input from industry experts. Solicit user requirements from internal and external clients. Write software requirements and review the written requirements of others.
- Work effectively with other team members.
- Design software in conformance with current industry object oriented guidelines and design patterns used in the existing software.
- Implement software requirements and designs using Angular, HTML, TypeScript, LESS/CSS, and Karma/Jasmine. Review software developed by other team members.
- Test own software and the software of others. Document test designs and results. Review the test designs and test results of other team members.
- Under the direction of a more experienced engineer, prepare plans for your own work, participate in technical reviews, implement advances in current state-of-the-art technology and identify opportunities for productivity and quality improvement. Test for product integration and verification, conducting those tests based on design specifications, and prepare formal documentation.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives for the software team. This includes recognizing areas for improvement as well as working with others to develop and document process improvements.
- B.E or B.Tech in Computer Sciences, Electronics or Electrical Engineer or higher with 1year to 4 years of software engineering experience.
- Strong programming skills in Angular, HTML, TypeScript, LESS/CSS, and Karma/Jasmine
- Experience with integrated development environment such as Open Source development platform/tools, ex. Eclipse, Visual Studio Code, TFS/Git.
- Strong knowledge of software design, development, debug and test practices