TE Connectivity’s Product Engineering Teams optimize existing products from information or input provided by marketing, customers, Operation Teams, Development Engineers or other employees. They maintain existing products, processes, and specifications including modifications for new applications consistent with manufacturing techniques and economies. They also initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, and cost, while meeting customer requirements and may support and implement product extensions to existing platform products to meet specific customer requirements. They are the key experts in the products they are responsible for at TE.
- Responsible for multicore cable design (EPD) and Data Management which encompasses new design creation, existing design queries and support, cable specification compliance as well as global sales and product management support.
- Provide global expertise in the design of multicore cable constructions.
- Part number set up in SAP / Engineering Change Notification.
- Share responsibility for Wire & Cable global design & configuration software (CAMCADS), which includes component selection, construction design based on manufacturability and customer requirements.
- CAMCADS data maintenance – Ensure data is correct and update/added when necessary.
- Design a wide range of bespoke cable constructions in a fast-paced interactive discussion with key stakeholders and global customers.
- Have responsibility for interaction with internal customers including sales and product management.
- Accurately determine export license codes based on customer provided application details.
- Support NPD projects.
- Setting up new products in all AD&M Manufacturing facilities for WNC & EPS to ensure part numbers are live in all required systems.
- Costing of new part numbers and product extensions.
- Form networks with operations and materials plants to understand costs attributed to products.
- Obsolescence of part numbers and products.
- DPM (Digital Part Management) support through EBOM (Electronic Bills of Materials) creation.
Education & Experience
- B.E (Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical)
- 3 ~ 5 years of experience in similar function / industry
- Capable of working on numerous systems, IBM, SAP, TE Legacy systems, PDMLINK, CPR
- Technical knowledge: deep product knowledge about product capabilities.
- Basic understanding of electrical and mechanical testing techniques would be desirable.
- Understanding of export compliance.
- Ability to develop strong relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Independent thinking.
- Understanding of internal/external specifications.
- A good understanding of mathematics (Numerical accuracy and attention to detail is essential).
- All Microsoft packages with strong focus on excel spreadsheets / pivot tables.
- Good communication skills, verbally, written and presentation.
- Ability to form networks and work across all levels of the business.
- Can do attitude, good team player and shows good behaviors with the motivation to develop in role.
- Aptitude to learn new systems and processes.
- Work under pressure and meet, objectives and set deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility with workload.
- Communication skills / English verbal and written
- CAD Design
- TE Engineering systems & Practices PDMLink / DMTech
- Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation