Role Profile: Staff Software Engineer – EDA
Grade Level: PIC 3/4
Location: Bengaluru, India
Job ID: eFPGA-5
No. of Positions: 8
The Staff Software Engineer – EDA is a key member of the QuickLogic India team and will report to Director of Software of QuickLogic India (QLI). The Staff Software Engineer EDA will be an integral part of EDA tools team at QLI, with primary responsibility for full life cycle development of EDA tools for programmable fabric devices. The role holder will be also responsible for identifying and resolving problems based on broad objectives and customer issues.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Full lifecycle software development including design, development, testing and documentation of EDA tools for programmable devices
- Utilize Object-oriented programming methodology using C++ & STL for design and implementation of current and next-generation QuickLogic products
- Perform detailed analysis, identify root causes and arrive at suitable solutions during all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Engage and team up with colleagues globally, and leverage technical skills to produce results with a high degree of responsiveness, regardless of time and geographical differences
- Resolve a wide range of issues in a creative way, exercise judgment in selecting methods and techniques to arrive at solutions
Key Activities for the position include but are not limited to:
- Immediate work involves developing routing algorithms for router/placer component of Aurora, EDA Software tool.
- Take technical ownership of router area in EDA flow. It includes proposing, defining & developing new features in ownership area(s); resolving customer issues; mentoring & working in the team.
- Work on different phases of software development cycle, from gathering requirement specification to delivery.
- Design & develop the assigned projects, following best practices in defining the objectoriented methodology and implementing it by effectively using C++ & STL.
- Giving utmost importance to quality and robustness of the deliverables. It is achieved by doing a thorough functional unit testing of the implemented features.
Education/Knowledge & Skills Profile:
- BE/BTech/ME/MTech in CS/Electronics/Electrical Engineering, from Tier-I engineering colleges (IITs, BITS-Pilani, NITs), with 8-12 years of experience in EDA tools development.
- Strong academic background and a good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Prior experience is required in FPGA place and/or router tool development.
- Strong in object-oriented programming using C++ & STL.
- Good Understanding of C, Shell scripting, Makefiles, Tcl & Lex/Yacc
- Prior Experience in using SVN/Bug tracking tools
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work well in a dynamic environment and be able to respond positively to change
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, in English
Submit your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for job
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (33)
- Automobile (8)
- Embedded/Chip Design (323)
- Engineering (261)
- Government (100)
- Instrumentation (3)
- Internships (137)
- Manufacturing (16)
- Mechanical (3)
- Medical Electronics (1)
- Miscellaneous (196)
- Network (7)
- Operations (2)
- PCB Design (5)
- Procurement/Supply chain (3)
- Research and Development (R&D) (40)
- Robotics (4)
- Sales (7)
- Service & Maintenance (18)
- Software and System Programming (188)
- Technical Support (12)
- Technical Writer (15)
- Telecom (56)
- Testing/QA/QC (56)
- Trainee (19)
- Walk-ins (9)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Teaching a Computer to Recognise Cats June 20, 2018
- How To: Motorized Camera Slider with Pan and Tilt Head June 19, 2018
- Next-Generation Solar Power Technology (Part 2 of 2) June 19, 2018
- Elite Precision Super-TCXOs for 5G, Small Cell and Time Synchronisation June 18, 2018
- Silicon MEMS Timing Solutions June 18, 2018
- The Top 8 Reasons to Use an oscillator Instead of a Crystal Resonator June 18, 2018
- IoT- Enabled Lighting Can Dramatically Reduce Energy Consumption June 18, 2018
- Little Nightlight June 16, 2018
- Tutorial: Buck Converter vs. Linear Voltage Regulator June 16, 2018
- Door-Open Alarm June 15, 2018