- Engineering Degree in Telecom/Computer Science/Electronics/IT or equivalent
- Technical Domain
Years of experience
Responsibilities & Tasks
- To investigate, deliver remedy & restorations and produce solutions to CSRs (Customer Service Requests) reported by customers
- To work within well-defined system support guidelines.
- To participate in software upgrades and updates
- Should be able to use support tools for ticket handling.
- To ensure customer satisfaction with the performance of installed systems by successful handling and reporting of all technical problems.
- Provide regular progress updates in the support system for each assigned support issue.
- Through contact with external customers and internal support, functions gather data and information about any specific problem that has been reported
- Actively engage in communication with other engineers for the purpose of knowledge sharing etc.
- If the CSR cannot be answered/solved within the time limit, escalate the Trouble report to next level of competence units.
- Evaluation of answers and solutions received from higher competence units to verify that the answer/ solution will clear the problem reported by the customer.
- In the line of supporting our products, identify possible improvements to the products that will make them more maintainable and user-friendly. Document these possible improvements in Requirement Specifications as input to the design of new generations of the products.
- Registration of new known solutions and updating of existing known solutions based on the answers/solutions developed within own Line-organization or received from elsewhere.
- Handover of problems that are deemed necessary to be continuously worked on to an individual at the next organization within the “Follow the Sun” concept.
- Maintain system configuration records for SW, Market Features and Network Configurations for the assigned customers.
- Giving guidance in developing Operation & Maintenance instructions Implementation of proactive maintenance procedures.
- Work with Configuration Management to access needed information for standard and customized solutions.
- Isolate the product faults and raise the Trouble report ( TR). Evaluate the answer provided to TR and support design unit to reproduce the fault.
- Ensure the quality of Emergency corrections and Intermediate correction packages delivered to the customer.
- May need to work in shifts and Emergencies Support rota.
- Initiatives will be continuously required to improve the working efficiency of the team to bring it to accepted Global practices.
- To lead and execute the implementation of new software releases.
- Writing documents for fault analysis/ RCA along with required preventive and corrective actions.
- Strong analytical skills.
- 24*7 availability as per support guidelines.
Key Technical Competence
- Deep Knowledge of Linux ( Ubuntu/RedHat desirable) including extensive Hands-on and Administration
- IP Networking knowledge (switching/routing/firewall)
- Virtualization (KVM/VMware)
- Mirantis / RedHat Openstack Knowledge
- Scripting languages (Python, Shell, Perl etc.)
- MySQL database knowledge /Administration
- Understanding of standards in cloud domain.
- Virtual Machines internetworking knowledge
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Data center Management of large scale IT infrastructure
- DELL/HP server platforms knowledge
- Extreme/Pluribus/Cisco switches/routers knowledge
- OpenVirtualSwitch (OVS) knowledge
- Knowledge of storage technologies – EMC VNX, SCALEIO etc.
- Software defined Storage – Nexenta
- Dockers/containers using Linux.
Ericsson products to be supported
- Cloud Execution Environment (CEE)
- Hyperscale Datacenter System (HDS)
- Software-defined Networking (SDN)
- Cloud Container Distribution (CCD)