As a global leader in medical technology, services and solutions, Medtronic improves the lives and health of millions of people each year. We use our deep clinical, therapeutic and economic expertise to address the complex challenges faced by healthcare systems today. Let’s take healthcare Further, Together. Learn more at Medtronic.com.
Medtronic is currently developing a novel kidney dialysis solution aimed at patients suffering from end· stage renal disease, and to address key infrastructural barriers, in emerging markets. As part of this initiative, Medtronic has established the Medtronic India Development Center (MIDC) in Bengaluru, and is looking to hire talented candidates to work on exciting opportunities.
One of the key deliverables of the MIDC is a stand-alone electromechanical product that will be used in a clinical setting in hospitals. The candidate for this position will create MATLAB based simulated models for Renal Care domain. The simulation models could potentially comprise of physiological, mechanical, chemical and electrical models, which could be used at system or subsystem level. He /She will define and manage simulation model requirements by closely working with the systems team and ensure that the models are adequately validated. You will also ensure that the models are version controlled and validated for use with adequate documentation.
A Day in the Life
You will work in collaboration with a global team based in India, China and USA (including Medtronic colleagues and local and international engineering services providers), throughout the product development lifecycle to bring new products to market.
You will need to be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and be confident about combining technical expertise with logical reasoning to make tradeoffs between features, time-to-market, and budget. You should have an entrepreneurial spirit, a can-do attitude, and possess great communication/collaboration skills.
- Bachelor of Engineering in E&C, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from reputed university
- Masters in Clinical / Biomedical engineering.
- Ability to understand and design complex system architecture.
- Ability to complete complex technical tasks on time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, 3D modelling tools like Solid works, Creo.
- Ability to work with a cross-functional and cross-cultural global team, and participate in early morning and/or evening conference calls
- Develop detailed technical requirements and ensure accurate flow-down to sub-system requirements, design implementation discussing with different stake holders.
- Discuss with system verification engineers to ensure that the system requirements are adequate and verifiable
- Develop sub-system models that can be used for building the system architecture.
- Coordinate with interdisciplinary engineers (systems, electronics, mechanical, firmware, and chemical) for model requirements gathering and validation.
- Derive implementable validated algorithms for resolving technical challenges.
- Perform experiments, collate results and report out results.
- Participate in system characterization experimentation.
- Preparing high quality documentation for the algorithm definitions and system characterization experiments.
- Participating in the conducting PHA, FMEA, Task analysis and documentation.
Nice to Have
Working knowledge in Matlab, Ansys, Fluent.