This position is for the TAC (Technical Assistance Centre) of Juniper for their Juniper M/T/Mx/PTX/ACX series products support.
- Support Juniper M/T/Mx/PTX/ACX series products, working directly with our customers and partners.
- Work with highly knowledgeable group of customers and partners. Be an escalation point for other TAC groups within the organization.
- Troubleshoot complicated hardware and software issues, replicate customer environments and network problems in the lab.
- Manage and own critical customer escalations. Facilitate, own and document communication among customers, escalation, and engineering.
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of the problems reported, understand the environment/network and impact on business.
- Take ownership for problem resolution, problem reproduction and escalation.
- Be a fast learner and keep pace with newer technologies.
- Participate in cross functional tasks such as new product development projects, create Knowledge Base and Whitepapers.
- Help improve processes and tools.
Experience & Education
- B.E. in Electronics Engineering or Computer Science.
- 2- 5 years work experience supporting/Designing/implementing IP networks.
- Have extensively worked on Troubleshooting, implementation and support of large IP networks.
- Excellent Customer handling and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Thorough understanding (Packet level) of IP Packet flow, OSI layers, Layer 3 – IP and related technologies (ICMP, TCP, IPSec, GRE, QoS, VRRP), IP routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS , RIP), Ethernet, 802.1q/p VLAN, STP, RSTP, ARP, PPP, MLPPP, LACP.
- Understanding/Exposure/Expertise in one or more areas of MPLS, VPLS, L2 and L3 VPN and/or MPLS Traffic Engineering, LDP, RSVP and/or Multicast technologies NG-MVPN, PIM and/or Perl/Unix/Expect scripting.