As a Technical Support Engineer you will be providing support to customers, using VMware products, in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
- Resolve customer’s issues via the telephone, email or WebEx session
- Reproducing issues in-house and responding back in a timely manner.
- Regular follow ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledgebase articles to capture new learning’s for reuse throughout the organization.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share best practices and learn about new technologies.
- Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical trainings,
- Read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise.
Required Skills and Experience
- Ability to learn and follow defined support and root-cause analysis processes.
- Increasing ability to solve practical problems without assistance and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information may initially exist.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, hands-on, or diagram form.
- Knowledge of management contacts in the system for technical assistance
- Database concepts, networking and storage concepts/ terminology; FTP client usage, knowledge on Microsoft products. Positive and constructive attitude.
- Comfortable facing new challenges and technologies. Excellent communication (oral & written) skills.
- Needs to seek assistance less
- Demonstrated interest in expending your know ledge on VMware product
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations.
- Work experience in a Technical domain. Experience in Virtualization & Cloud computing will be preferred.
Good level of technical understanding of more than one of the following technologies:
- Windows Clustering/DHCP/DNS
- Windows 2003/2008
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Multiplatform Operating Systems Knowledge (Windows, Linux, UNIX) would be an added advantage
- Work experience of 1-3 yrs. in Technical domain
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in providing voice based Technical Support is a key requirement
- Experience in Virtualization & Cloud computing will be preferred
- VDI Certification will be an added advantage