The Technical Writer will be required to generate documents that communicate the installation, configuration, and operation of industrial automation products.
- Write user and technical documentation, including manuals for technical audiences, online Help, Release Notes, and Product Specification Sheets.
- Work under the supervision of a Lead Writer on a project basis, interacting with developers, testers, project managers, support staff, and other SMEs to gather needed information.
- Work collaboratively with a global, geographically-dispersed team, primarily in North America and India.
- Learn internal project and publishing processes unique to our environment.
- Participate in migration to department’s content management system.
- Demonstrate aptitude for authoring technical publications for highly technical and complex products.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Software, Electrical, Electronic or Control Engineering, Computer Science, English, Technical Writing, or similar related subject.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience.Some experience with tools used in this environment, including Acrobat Professional, RoboHelp, Word, Excel, DITA, Arbortext, SharePoint, and TFS.
- Experience with FrameMaker is a must. Experience working on a dispersed, multi-cultural team is helpful.
- Experience writing in an Agile development environment is a plus.
- Experience with a content management system is a plus.
- Demonstrate strong individual writing skills.
- Ability to learn on-the-fly.Continuous self-improvement and maintenance of skills through training.