Job ID 260499 – Posted 30/03/2017 – India – Gurgaon – Corporate Technology – Research & Development – Experienced Professional – Limited – Full time only
Role: Technical Writer
Location: Gurgaon, India
Organization: CT DD DS AA PD-PA AE
Mode of employment: Full time
Technical Writer – Process Control System User Documentation
Developing/ editing of high quality user documentation in English for the Siemens SPPA-T3000 distributed control system.
- Create documentation in English using modern Content Management systems and XML.
- Participation in the development process for new products or features (both Agile and waterfall).
- Estimation and planning of documentation tasks.
- Documentation maintenance [analyse and fix documentation bugs].
- Organization of documentation in various releases.
- Meeting the quality expectations and process adherence
Required Skills and Experience
- BE/ BTech/ ME/ MTech in Instrumentation & Control/ Computer Science/ Electrical/ Electronics & Communication/ Information Technology or MSc (Computer Science) or equivalent
- Proficient knowledge of and an experienced user of the SPPA-T3000 control system.
- Extensive experience as a technical writer and editor.
- Proficient user of the Docufy Cosima content management system.
- Entry level user of the Siemens SIPS+ content management system.
- Proficient technical English skills, sufficient for acceptance in the international marketplace, including the USA.
- Experience in the software development process.
- Proficient user of the DOORS requirement engineering system, Rational Clearcase, Archive Explorer.
- Process control system technology knowledge.
- Power plant engineering knowledge and experience.
- Experience in one or more agile frameworks (SCRUM)
- Good German language skills
- Excellent intercultural and collaboration skills. Coordination and contact with colleagues in a global development environment is paramount.