The VDGS Application Engineer will report to the Sr. Project Manager –in Airports Business. As a Sr. VDGS Application Engineer, incumbent will be responsible for the commissioning and testing of Visual Docking Guidance System along with Central Computer /Gate Operating System on the airport.
The responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Prepare a cost estimate as per Airport business bidding guidelines and procedures.
- Prepare Technical Proposal.
- Prepare and supervise installation of the Systems on the airport
- Proper Coordination between Honeywell Regional Team, Airport Business Team and Customer.
- Integration of PBB, FIDs, AODB, Ground Power Unit, AGLCMS, Obstacle detection to set up a Central Computer for VDGS.
- Prepare and support the Factory Acceptance Test for the VDGS.
- Commissioning and testing of Visual Docking Guidance System at the airport
- Prepare and support the Site Acceptance Test on the airport
- Check and prepare the correction of the technical project documents
- Do the troubleshooting and the service works on all installed systems and components
- Maintain Record of All Install base.
- Provide training to Customers and Honeywell Service Technicians on basic of VDGS hardware installations
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Good English skills
- Ability to work with Multicultural people
- Most of the times need to work in Genie Lift at heights of 10M above ground level during commissioning time
- Hands-on experience in Commissioning and testing of electrical power equipment with output voltage up 5000VAC
- Strong knowledge & experiences on power electronics and power transformation
- Basic knowledge of electronic control board functions
- Strong knowledge & experiences in Sun Solaris Platform. Good understanding of trouble shooting. Strong experience in interfacing of external devices.
- Firm knowledge of electrical safety roles
- Be able to understand and calculate electrical circuits Loads
- Strong knowledge and experiences on electrical power supply and distribution.
- Troubleshooting focused on determining hardware vs. software, hardware vs. firmware, software vs. operating system, network vs. application/systems
- Proper technical reporting with test sheets and protocols
Network and Software:
- Working knowledge on Network Switches.
- Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
- Basic UNIX & LINUX knowledge preferable
YOU MUST HAVE BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN ENGINEERING
WE VALUE BASIC UNIX & LINUX KNOWLEDGE PREFERABLE
- Extensive Travel Required
- Relocation Provided
- Continued Professional Development
Job ID: req138227
Location: 56 & 57 Hadapsar Industrial Estate, Pune, MH 411013 IND
Apply for job
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (39)
- Automobile (9)
- Embedded/Chip Design (397)
- Engineering (290)
- Government (109)
- Internships (168)
- Manufacturing (17)
- Medical Electronics (4)
- Miscellaneous (217)
- Network (8)
- PCB Design (5)
- Procurement/Supply chain (3)
- Research and Development (R&D) (46)
- Robotics (5)
- Sales (8)
- Service & Maintenance (21)
- Software and System Programming (218)
- Technical Support (12)
- Technical Writer (17)
- Telecom (62)
- Testing/QA/QC (57)
- Trainee (19)
- Walk-ins (9)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Highlighting the Connection Between Outdoor LED Lighting and Pedestrian Safety September 20, 2018
- How to Assess Electromagnetic Radiation from Mobile Phone Towers September 20, 2018
- Arduino-Controlled 12V Battery Charger September 18, 2018
- MIPI Alliance Managing Director Peter Lefkin Delivering Keynote at Upcoming 2018 TrueConnect Conference September 18, 2018
- Working of a MOSFET September 18, 2018
- Sensors That Add Strength to Aviation and Aerospace September 17, 2018
- Programmable Automatic Bell System September 15, 2018
- Auto Power Switching Mains, Solar Inverter or Generator September 15, 2018
- Optronic Sensors Night Vision Technologies (Part 3 of 6) September 14, 2018
- BLUE_P: Wireless Arduino Programming Shield September 14, 2018