Job ID #: 12511
About the role
As a Verification Engineer in the System Validation/Kit team you have the opportunity to have and continually develop specialist system skills, and apply the knowledge both hardware and software that come with these skills, to their validation task. You will be responsible for Pre-silicon System development and validation of ARM processors, systems and interconnects and peripherals using the Operating system. The role involves an understanding of ARM system architecture, processor knowledge and Operating system experience. This is a great opportunity to work on range of latest ARM IPs like CPU, GPU, Interconnect, Memory controller, System MMU which are at the top end of technology. If you are looking to work in a growing, challenging and fast-paced environment, if you are self-driven professional and like problem solving (love to debug) and you enjoy working with multi-sites team then this is the role for you!
What will I be accountable for?
Taking ownership of developing, validating an ARM IP that may include SoC or ARM IPs that include processors, interconnects and peripherals
Responsible for debugging complex hardware-software failures and narrow down it to software or hardware issues using the emulator or FPGA platform. This requires detailed understanding of System and ARM processor architecture knowledge
Proactively learning latest ARM technology and keeping up-to-date with the progress on the new technologies.
Seeking support from peers and communicates when necessary to collaborate and make successful deliveries
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor or MS in Computer science and Engineering or Electronics and Electrical engineering background
- 3+ years of experiences in pre-silicon validation of SoC, processors or System IPs
- Experience of developing hardware system/SoC & validating the systems.
- Creation of directed validation/regression test suite targeting CPU, GPU and other IPs in a SoC
- Knowledge and use of ARM assembler or GCC assembler
- Experience of complex CPU architecture features and their corresponding interactions, especially relating to caches, MMU,
- SMP, coherency and out of order execution
- Self-motivated with a flair for lateral thinking and problem solving
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, Professional approach to work and Willingness to accept new challenges
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
Partner/customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
Creativity/innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
Collaboration/communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
Personal impact/influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Apply for job
What type of a job are you looking for?
Which category do you want a job in?
- Aerospace (7)
- Automation (38)
- Automobile (8)
- Embedded/Chip Design (380)
- Engineering (281)
- Government (106)
- Internships (158)
- Manufacturing (17)
- Medical Electronics (4)
- Miscellaneous (214)
- Network (7)
- PCB Design (6)
- Procurement/Supply chain (3)
- Research and Development (R&D) (44)
- Robotics (5)
- Sales (8)
- Service & Maintenance (19)
- Software and System Programming (207)
- Technical Support (12)
- Technical Writer (16)
- Telecom (60)
- Testing/QA/QC (57)
- Trainee (19)
- Walk-ins (9)
Top 10 cities with jobs available:
- Wireless Charging: Fuel of the Future August 20, 2018
- Multi-Status Indicator Using Single RGB LED August 19, 2018
- IoT and Touch-Based Home Automation with Video (Hindi & English) August 17, 2018
- When Will We Get 5G? The Transition from 4G to 5G! August 16, 2018
- What is 1G,2G,3G,4G,5G? August 16, 2018
- 5 Exciting Technologies To Enable 5G August 16, 2018
- How will a ‘5G smart city’ look like? August 16, 2018
- Slic3r: A Reliable 3D Printing Companion August 16, 2018
- What is 5G? August 16, 2018
- Thermal and Humidity Effects on Electronic Equipment August 15, 2018